2011 Awards Ceremony & Benefit Auction
This year’s Awards Ceremony and Benefit Auction was held at the Calumet Gallery, New York, on October 19th. Five talented young photographers were honored with scholarships, which were presented by renowned photographers Albert Watson, Deborah Willis, Hans Neleman, Lois Greenfield and Theresa Raffetto.
A big thank you to everyone who helped with the preparation and organization of the event. In particular YPA would like to thank our dedicated Events Committe, Don Bitzer, Lindsey Nicholson, Lisa Curesky and Yvette Naylor; and our star volunteers, Juliana Bulgarelli, Fiona Conrad, Jai-Lee Egna, Stanislava Georgieva, Aurelie Graillot, Faith Grant, Robert Herman, Robert Hooman, Katina Houvouras, Tom Kelly, Pascaline Klein, Shaun Levy, Frank Meo, Gail Mooney-Kelly, Inga Moren, Lindsay Morgan, Chris Mumma, Ann O'Connor, Kathryn Sheridan, John Stukes.
Our sincere thanks to the following photographers who generously donated prints for our Benefit Auction:
Stephen Mallon / Frontroom Gallery
Jill Waterman / Finch & Ada
John R. Short
Montalbetti + Campbell
Scott M. Nidermaier
The Awards Ceremony and Benefit Auction is YPA’s principal fundraising vehicle. All profits help fund the various programs we run. YPA gratefully acknowledges the generous support of its sponsors and supporters:
- Albert Watson has made his mark as one of the world’s most successful fashion and commercial photographers during the last four decades, while creating his own art along the way. His striking images have appeared on more than 100 covers of Vogue around the world, as well as Rolling Stone and Vibe. He also has created the photography for hundreds of successful advertising campaigns for major corporations, such as Prada, the Gap, Levi’s, Revlon and Chanel.
- Deborah Willis is a contemporary artist, photographer, curator of photography, photographic historian, author and educator. Among other awards and honors she has received, Ms. Willis was a 2000 MacArthur Fellow. She is currently Professor and Chair of the Department of Photography and Imaging at Tisch School of the Arts of New York University.
- Hans Neleman is an internationally renowned photographer, film director and author, as well as the founder of WIN-initiative, a boutique stock photography agency and its promotional magazine, WINk.
- Lois Greenfield is a photographer made famous by her ability to capture the human form in motion and her use of it as a compositional element in her art. Greenfield's work has been exhibited in museums and galleries around the world. Her newest venture has taken her career full circle, collaborating and performing around the world with the Australian Dance Theatre in Held, a dance inspired by her photography in which she shoots the live action as part of the performance.
- Theresa Raffetto is a member of American Photographic Artists (APA) and currently serves on the national board as President, as well as being an accomplished food and concept photographer.